Skip to main content

Vera sprinkles : OF MONDAYS $ LESSONS









Mondays are usually not my favourite days and I always want to drag itS ears and tell it that its still Sunday, so I can sleep more.
I'm trying to imagine my self drawing Monday's ear LOL, when I have a friend who bears Monday.

Today got me with a whole lot on my to do list, from going to print my résumé, to the guy at the printing press calling my résumé an assignment because of the number of pages, to me feeling that was the most beautiful shade I have heard this year and to my eventual move to Audacity Cafe; a workspace and cyber cafe where I take online courses for my YALI trainings and in between reading up random articles and blog post on blogs I admire.

I feel really lazy writing today, there is a sought of deep push or inspiration that comes upon me like an anointing and I keep writing Boom! without stopping, perhaps, today is not one of those days, but I have to to make it happen!
Today, I don't want to leave my bed to attend to any to do list slipping through my eyes, I don't want to face my goals on my way to the rest room, I just want to bury my face in between my pillow and wish for a Miracle of 45Million but I have to get up and show up, regardless!

So, I'm at Audacity Cafe/Work space and I'm on my online class and also looking for inspiration to keep moving, somehow I remember, Tuke's quest.com, a blog owned by an amazing photographer and Lifestyle blogger and Vlogger, I get submerged in her sharing of her uplifting personal stories, and what got my attention was her 2017 review and all the persons and brands who made 2017 a big gig for her .

Then I thought, perhaps why I have been stressed out of late, may be as a result of lack of gratitude and even though I'm doing this 365day personal Gratitude Challenge alongside moderating the 365day poetry Challenge on Sprinklestoriez, I have indeed lost track of gratitude
No! I won't say I'm too busy, but I think I have probably lost track of the little things I should be grateful for in search of the big big things of life...

While reading and meditating on Tuke's review I smartly scrolled through Facebook, I got a notification and it takes me from notification to reading post and then I see Moncherry's comment on a friend's post and I remember something Moncherry did for me in 2017, when I was till trying to find my eyes in what exactly I wanted to do with my life.

I am really sorry, I'm cutting corners here, please just sail with me and trust me you're safe!
So there is this girl called ME that is crazy about hair wraps and turbans and she sees a viable venture in Hair wraps and turbans, so she get an Instagram page for business, colours her facebook page with hair wraps pictures and WOW! She get hundreds of likes, loves and feedbacks, but she is still not sure!.
She winks in the dark!
She made a few sales, lot of giveaways to friends, she just wanted to feel she was selling, but actually free sales you will call it, she is still winking in the dark!

One beautiful Sunday, I can't remember, I think so, but Sundays are usually beautiful with lots of colourful attires matching to church.
So one beautiful Sunday, Blessing Sam (Yass!!! The amazing Presenter on Teens Issues, CRBC and the Compere your event shouldn't miss) calls me to say Moncherry needs me to feature my Creative Wraps on Turban in her Beauty Pageantry show in few days time.
I'm shocked, I'm like how? why? what? that kind of big event for small play, play business that I'm doing on Social Media.
So Blessing Sam starts the encouragement session and immediately I got charged in the spirit.
Eventually, the day for the pageant came, I told my mom about it, she just gave me one corner smile and for me that was approval, we basically use sign language in my house to communicate, please that's a story for another day, let me just try and finish this one at hand.

It was an evening event, I wore a dinner gown adorned with a pink turban and worked sheepishly, my feet carried a mix of excitement and shyness,I felt this was a big joke, and I won't be called to showcase my hair wraps and turbans.
Suddenly like a thief in the night, my business name slipped out of the Compere's lips 'Creative Wraps'
I have never been this shy my whole life, I had to hurry up and style up my models, I'm grateful for the girls in the dressing room who assisted me, perhaps I would have slumped from excitement and shyness.

We hit the run way, I was to come out after the second run way 'yanga' for an ovation and immediately all my years of gluing to the Fashion Channel on DSTV failed me.
I was damn shy, I didn't know which foot to bring, we just stood there, my models were waiting for me to move and I was also waiting for them to move.
Somehow, someone led the way, I don't know who, but it wasn't me, but they said I was supposed to .
I got lost in the dressing room till the event ended and we went to the hotel.

Oh...Finally the story is over, I hope you didn't laugh too hard?
But this event became a turning point for my business and my network grew, somehow I become confident in my business and also myself, I could talk to people about my business with my eyes raised to the sky and when I ever I was called "Creative wraps" it brought smiles to my face and not shivers to my feet any more.
This event was one of the major things that happened in 2017.
And I have Moncherry Cherry and Blessing Sam to thank for the support to the little shy me and the collaboration.
God bless them so much!!

Yea, that brings me to something, Tuke Morgan talked about in her review, yes collaboration helps a lot, we should all debunk competitions and embrace collaboration, so we can grow!
It has worked for me, this year holds lot of collaboration opportunities for me, from Poets in Nigeria, UNICAL to Teens Issues CRBC, and to many more collaborations to come!
And yes I'm open to collaboration, you can hit me up with a comment.

Three lessons learnt today;

1,Take stock of little things, they may actually be the biggest, be grateful for those who helped and somehow showed you the light.

2, Collaboration is good business, it saves time, money and energy.

4, In an article on Bellanaija, Tuke said, "Don't be satisfied with being your village Queen/King, what of your state? What of your Country? What of your Continent? What of the World? Shoot for the stars, so when you fall you land in the clouds. AIM HIGH!"

I hope this thing inspires you to be better!
I will be glad to read and reply your comments!

With the truest of Love,
Veralyn Chinenye


Veralyn Chinenye is an Epistolary Poet/ an Award Winning Digital Creative Writer, she is the Moderator for the 365day Poetry Challenge for Advocacy and Social Change Challenge on Sprinklestoriez.
She also writes on Vera sprinkles.

Comments

  1. Friday is so hate you with passion. After speaking in a nice tone with thursday who gave me a best treat and you came showing me that is enough to enough I should go wash clothes and some dishes and calling it weekend.


    Oh friday you weaken me each time I see you, you make me feel as if im gonna kill myself with so much work especially when your best friends Saturday and my mum who love playing with saturday just to prepare 20 different type of food as if you both has occasion.


    Veralyn please mark my script hope I have tried ooo
    I'm not a poetry writer.

    Oh Love im so happy you still got this in mind.

    I lack words to say. But what I know your business will grow from strength to strength. Amen


    #IamMoncheryAna
    #CEOMrAndMissTeensNigeria/DiamondQueenNigeriaAmbassadorBeautyPageant
    #CEOCherymonBeautyPlusAndEvent

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LESSONS FROM TWENTY SOMETHING(s) by Veralyn Chinenye

1, Stop Counting people's blessings ~ It is interesting to admire your friend's success, but don't try to compare and contrast, you're different persons and your paths have been mapped out. When the temptation to compare especially on bad days fingers my eyelids, I pull out my gratitude journal and write out five things I'm grateful for. It could be as little as being able to keep to time or even for being mentioned in a good will comment by a friend. Being grateful opens us up for more. 2, Try Leadership and Politics ~ I think there are two different things, one is seen as good and the other is seen as bad. The mention of the word "politics" get us grabbing our bags, and the mention of "leadership" gets us spreading our clothes in the open. My involvement in both has impacted my life and my dealing with others. I see both as siamese twins. Politics makes good leadership and Leadership makes good politics. You should try it!

Miles from Independence by Tydale Bassey Abigail

Day87 #365daypoetrychallengeforadvocacyandsocialchange Our cloths have torn Our hairs grown bushy Bones emaciated and legs swollen Muscles displaced And our vision discouraged... The path behind us looks abandoned by haggard legs, Bushy as if untrodden See, our babies have died Our kids starved Our boys imprisoned Our girls raped Husbands and wives betrayed And the aged disappointed... Yet the eyes of our polity bulges like the blind statues of Nok Culture We used to have hopes, But they are now tired in the arms of abortion The promises of independence have become stillborn; Mutilated with the bamboo of corruption. Even the wishes that once painted our eyelids Are beginning to wear away Yet the senses of our constitution have breathed only heat on the sore skins of our destinies The song of the national flag has become the loudest noise sung by toothless leaders; A pirate declaration to our unity in diversity Our capital cities are plinths

WHO SAID YOU'LL LIVE LONG(ER) by Ikpoko Sharon

Day85 #365daypoetryforadvocacyandsocialchangechallenge You newly coupled who have refused A return from Paris You recline like butter on bread Who said that you'll live long(er)? You who think suicide is next If you left college next best You shut your eyes on all of your kind Who said that you'll live long(er)? You claim teen Ignoring the clock that said, "no time" You forget the phrase, 'Gone too Soon' Who said that you'll live long(er)? Like the prosperous Ant Just in the corridor, he kicked a pale Death took no bribes Who said that you'll live long(er)? Like the innocent thief Who found a new source of livelihood Life could not offer pity no more Who said that you'll live long(er)? So now you changed the figures And cared less what employees felt The higher throne was all you aimed Who said that you'll live long(er)? You were told to restrain For your family, health and wealth Yet you stuck to the wrap l