Skip to main content

Ada


Don't marry Yoruba men, they're demons, don't marry Hausa men, they're Suicide bombers, Don't marry an Igbo Men, they're ritualists
These statements and more are the different ways tribalism shows it's ugly head and this is one of the problems plaguing our Country.

Listen to what the amiable Poet LordJacobz has to say to Ada in his epistle.


My favourite line remains "we will build a bridge that connects Amala and Ogbono soup"
I think love don't really care?
What do you think?


Ada
Out in the middle of the orisun that connects the roaring rivers of Oduduwa, Oranmiyan and Obatala
Have I laid the ebo of my head as a sacrifice of cleansing
They say the sacrilege is grave

Ada
Like you,
I called the communion of ogun -the iron god
Sango-the thunder god and Esu -devil
As witnesses to my madness of love for you
As I unwrapped our throbbing hearts like Asaro from Erelu's pot

Ada
I told them of the strong force that glues our souls as one
I told them of the fertile years the birthed the bouncing love we share
I told them of the magic in your eyes like the little dot of black sand in Orunmila's hand that spreads through my head
I told them of the long roads that we shortened with the radiance of your tenderness

Ada
They asked me to which Kingdom you come
And when I told them you're from the east
Wan ni ewor ni
They said its a taboo
That who will cook the ewedu and obe atata when the gray heirs die
That who will teach Omo Oduduwa to kneel before ifa and swear not by ogun
and who will dance the banta and wear the aso oke
Or make the incantations when doom looms

Ada
I told them a new hen who knows it's house as been dragged by wings three times to the house
That we will walk through the path of Oduduwa like we knew it before
That the ogbono draws more than ewedu
And if ewedu is preferred, we'll practice it's medicine
That red caps with wrappers are adorable with eagles feather
That awon Omo, the children
Will dance the banta and dance the smoother ogene
And when the heirs are gray, they'll love both the ewedu as much as the ogbono

Ada
Your words I read are like wintered fear sipping into my veins
If you die who will bear the moonlight tales
Of our Silent night behind the iroko tree
Or tell of my jokes out in the full moon
Who will build that bridge that connects Amala and ogbono soup
Who will tell them that Chukwu is Olorun

Ada
The butcher will cut my head and offer it at orisun
Don't bother yourself replying
For when I get to the seat of the one who really sits watching
I'll watch you smile again
And love again
But remember
Live for Ade

From Ade



Jacob is a beautiful soul, little wonder his words melt our soul.
I was literary in tears after reading this... LOL

Love beyond tribalism.

You should follow him up for more of these;
@Lordsjacobz
©Jacob Happiness Friday
@Swiftpaperz.WordPress.com

Photocredit-Veralyn Chinenye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LESSONS FROM TWENTY SOMETHING(s) by Veralyn Chinenye

1, Stop Counting people's blessings ~ It is interesting to admire your friend's success, but don't try to compare and contrast, you're different persons and your paths have been mapped out. When the temptation to compare especially on bad days fingers my eyelids, I pull out my gratitude journal and write out five things I'm grateful for. It could be as little as being able to keep to time or even for being mentioned in a good will comment by a friend. Being grateful opens us up for more. 2, Try Leadership and Politics ~ I think there are two different things, one is seen as good and the other is seen as bad. The mention of the word "politics" get us grabbing our bags, and the mention of "leadership" gets us spreading our clothes in the open. My involvement in both has impacted my life and my dealing with others. I see both as siamese twins. Politics makes good leadership and Leadership makes good politics. You should try it!

Miles from Independence by Tydale Bassey Abigail

Day87 #365daypoetrychallengeforadvocacyandsocialchange Our cloths have torn Our hairs grown bushy Bones emaciated and legs swollen Muscles displaced And our vision discouraged... The path behind us looks abandoned by haggard legs, Bushy as if untrodden See, our babies have died Our kids starved Our boys imprisoned Our girls raped Husbands and wives betrayed And the aged disappointed... Yet the eyes of our polity bulges like the blind statues of Nok Culture We used to have hopes, But they are now tired in the arms of abortion The promises of independence have become stillborn; Mutilated with the bamboo of corruption. Even the wishes that once painted our eyelids Are beginning to wear away Yet the senses of our constitution have breathed only heat on the sore skins of our destinies The song of the national flag has become the loudest noise sung by toothless leaders; A pirate declaration to our unity in diversity Our capital cities are plinths

WHO SAID YOU'LL LIVE LONG(ER) by Ikpoko Sharon

Day85 #365daypoetryforadvocacyandsocialchangechallenge You newly coupled who have refused A return from Paris You recline like butter on bread Who said that you'll live long(er)? You who think suicide is next If you left college next best You shut your eyes on all of your kind Who said that you'll live long(er)? You claim teen Ignoring the clock that said, "no time" You forget the phrase, 'Gone too Soon' Who said that you'll live long(er)? Like the prosperous Ant Just in the corridor, he kicked a pale Death took no bribes Who said that you'll live long(er)? Like the innocent thief Who found a new source of livelihood Life could not offer pity no more Who said that you'll live long(er)? So now you changed the figures And cared less what employees felt The higher throne was all you aimed Who said that you'll live long(er)? You were told to restrain For your family, health and wealth Yet you stuck to the wrap l